So here are a few pictures from Kaden’s “adventure.” Sorry about the poor quality on some of them. Those are from my phone because I didn’t have our nice camera with me at the hospital. Not on my “to grab when child has a broken leg” list. I’ll have to add it next time!
These first ones were taken at Primary Children’s while we waited to hear from the orthopedic surgeon. They had him on oxygen for awhile that night and I think that’s why his face is a little red by his nose. The lion was from the ambulance. He named him Softee Lion Jensen.
This is the splint they put on him while at Jordan Valley. They also gave him this blanket while there. He loves it. I don’t know if you can see the sticker on the bottom of it… it’s from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love our church’s humanitarian efforts. That blanket brought him so much comfort and just a little bit of joy while he was going through so much. I was flooded with gratitude and still am whenever I think about it.
This is kind of a weird angle. It’s the outside of his left leg, with his foot on the left side of the picture. Not the best picture, but this is where his leg was so tender. You can see the major bruise. Luckily it’s clearing up now and doesn’t hurt to move around.
This is a better picture of his left leg.
His left wrist. These pictures don’t do all the swelling and bruising justice. It was much worse in person.
Just another view of the left wrist. Again, it doesn’t do the actual injury justice.
These are the awesome nurses that took care of him just before and after he was casted. They helped get us out of there! They were so patient and kind to Kaden. Wonderful nurses make all the difference when you’re stuck in a hospital.
When we finally made it home he was pretty exhausted. He’s been living in our living room, although the last 2 nights we’ve started putting him in his bed at night. Can you see how swollen his poor feet are? And the look on his face definitely says, “I’m on pain meds.”
We found this huge thing waiting for us when we got home. My sisters dropped it by for him. Kaden named him Beary Softee Jensen. I think it’s as tall as I am. It is HUGE!
And just to show how well he is doing now, here is a picture of an outdoor picnic just 2 days ago. Above his left wrist is in a splint. Below it’s in a cast. At his one week follow-up they saw a hairline fracture so they put a cast on it. And yes, that is green lantern underwear. Plus socks from Alaska because my mom had just gotten back from a trip that day.
There are the highlights of our most recent adventures. Seriously, now that he isn’t in constant pain we can totally handle this. It’s hard to see him like that. I hate hearing him say how he wishes he could help me do this or that. But he stays pretty positive. Almost 2 weeks have gone by already. Just a little over 4 more to go!


3 comments:
I feel so bad this happened. I always leave the hospital feeling really grateful for good nurses (thankfully we aren't at the hospital very often)Ha! I love that kid! Can't wait to see you guys.
I love that last picture! A happy attitude always helps in situations like these. Love his underwear too! A bunch of ladies in our ward made special panties for my sister that would velcro on and off.
We'll keep you guys in our prayers and hope these last four weeks go by quickly!
How awful!! How did the piano fall? Where was he?
Post a Comment