Every time I try to post pictures it won't let me. I'm getting a little frustrated.
Kyla is two months old now. She loves "talking" with people and smiles constantly. She sleeps better at night, usually she goes to sleep around 10:30 and sleeps until 5:30. Aaron is still trying to figure out how to play with her. He loves wrestling and being rough, and he can't figure out why he gets in trouble when he tries to play with her like that. Kaden is a huge help. If I tell him I need something for Kyla he will drop whatever he's doing to go get whatever it is. She is now 23 inches long, weighs 10 lbs 3 oz, and her head circumference is 40.2. It's so fun to have a girl and I love watching the boys interact with her. They love her so much!
She received her immunizations today. My boys never had problems with their shots. They got mild fevers and slept a little more than usual. Otherwise, no big deal. So far, Kyla is super fussy. She won't let me put her down. Not even Grandma or Grandpa can hold her. She's super sleepy. She has a fever of 100.7. Her legs are super tender. They told me to massage her thighs, but if I even touch them she starts crying and screaming. I gave her a little Tylenol and she doesn't feel quite as warm. At any rate, I think it'll probably be a long night.
Aaron now calls everyone "bud." He is as wild as ever and we recently discovered how much he enjoys swimming. He kept trying to go off on his own, not understanding that he would drowned if he really got away. He watched Kaden for the first little while at the pool and decided that he could put his head under water too. Of course, he wouldn't always close his mouth... He had so much fun though. We will definitely have to go swimming more often this summer. But we'll have to go somewhere with a kiddie pool so we don't have to hold him the entire time.
Kaden also loves swimming. I'm so impressed to see how much he has improved over the past couple weeks. He's been taking swim lessons but he was always scared to put his head under the water. The last week of his lessons his teacher finally forced him under. He was mad at first, but since then he willingly goes under. While we were swimming this weekend he even tried swimming under water by himself. I stayed right next to him, he'd hold his breath, go under water, then stroke with his arms and kick with his feet. He would actually move forward by himself. It was great to watch him!
We've done a lot this summer already. Here are some things to watch for pictures of: Thanksgiving Point, Kyla's baby blessing, Brad's birthday, Idaho trip (visiting Brad's family), and just having fun around the house. I'll keep trying to get these pictures up. They'll make the posts a lot more interesting!
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sounds like you guys are having an awesome summer! I can't believe Kyla is getting so big and sleeping so good. Lucky! And I love your posts, with or without pictures.
Yay... an update! I love hearing about your growing little family. We still need to get together for lunch. When?
Post a Comment