Since my first pregnancy I promised myself that I would not be one of those women that go to the hospital and have to be sent home. Sadly, last night I became one of those women. Because I'm a VBAC the doctors stress getting to the hospital quickly. I started having contractions around 7:30 and were very consistent. I waited for 3 hours, but they weren't stopping so I decided it was time to go to the hospital. They sent me home just after midnight because I wasn't progressing at all. I was still at a 3, maybe a 3.5 and 80%. I felt pretty stupid. I think I need to learn some humility. Once we were home I asked Brad to give me a blessing. I love the comfort that comes from the power of the priesthood. In it he said to be patient and let nature run its course. After he finished I looked at him and said, "She's not coming, is she?" He agreed. He still thinks Kaden is right and she's going to come on Aaron's birthday (the 7th). We went to bed, but I didn't sleep very well. Oh well.
I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 9:20. He checked me and said I'm at a 5 and 80. Then he stripped my membranes. I've been in pain all day and not from contractions. I'm still having contractions, but they aren't consistent anymore. However, they are getting stronger. I just have to keep thinking "be patient, be patient." She'll come when she's ready. The doctor started talking about inducing me, but I'm hesitant to go that route. So, we'll just see how the rest of the day goes and after that, the rest of the week, and after that, next week. Patience, patience, patience...


2 comments:
Hey Chels. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I wish I could do something to help you out. I just want to let you know that I was induced with Grant and it was great! So calm and everything went so well. I hope if it comes to that you won't be afraid. Call if you need anything!!
Good luck! I hope your little one comes soon. I actually read your post last night and so you were on my mind and you ended up being in my dream. (It was too strange to understand though, so I won't share). But anyway. Good luck and you're in my prayers. :)
Post a Comment