Well, Brad is working another grave. I have no real homework to worry about tonight, so I'm a little bored because Kaden is using my t.v. So, I've been looking at quilt patterns to get some ideas. These are some ideas of quilts that I would like to do... Kaden's will probably end up like one of these.
This first one is the one I really want to do. Of course it won't be purple or have Dora on it, but I love the design!
http://quilting.about.com/od/picturesofquilts/ig/Quilts-for-Kids/judy_Anna3.--0g.htm
I also really like this one. I don't know how well it would work out with the fabrics that I've been able to find though.
http://quilting.about.com/od/picturesofquilts/ig/Quilts-for-Kids/Ella-s-Pixie-Quilt.htm
I just barely came across this one tonight. I think with the right colors it could turn out cute...
http://quilting.about.com/od/picturesofquilts/ig/Quilts-for-Kids/Crazy-About-Cars-Quilt.htm
And this is just a really cute quilt that I think would be fun to make for each of my kids. Their own "I Spy" quilt. I like how this one turned out.
http://quilting.about.com/od/picturesofquilts/ig/Quilts-for-Kids/Alex-s-I-Spy-Quilt.htm
Let me know what you think. Any suggestions would be welcome. This is the first time I've ever considered quilting before... should be interesting! After I take my final exam I have to wait two weeks to get my results, before I can start applying for jobs. I figure that would be a good time to get going on this!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I don't know how you intend to actually "quilt" it, but don't run the wax coated thread through your machine-it'll gum it up really fast. I have a medium sized quilting hoop you can borrow if you want and I always have tons of 40% coupons to Joann's.
cute quilt ideas Chels! If you want LOADS of patterns for quilting or paper piecing or general how to knowledge about quilting. Go to quilterscache.com. It is my favorite website for quilting ideas. Congrats on finishing!!!
PS if you want something embroidered, let me know. I love to personalize quilts!
I am oviously not the expert. I have only patched together one quilt. But if I were to choose one I would choose the second one. Squares are always easier to patch and cut for that matter.
like I said I am NOT the expert. I like to do things the easy way. However, I have learned that if I don't do what I really like--pattern or fabric--I end up wishing I would have done it how I really wanted to. So do the one you really want to even if it is harder.
I love that "I Spy" idea. Very cute!
Post a Comment